Rules and Conditions
PLEASE NOTE: The NSRI is in charge of safety on the water. They have plenty of life guards and craft on the dam. Due to NSRI Safety regulations no members of family or public will be permitted to accompany swimmers on craft or boats during the race.
- Competitors must be 9 years or older on the day of the race for the KFC Merrifield Mile and the 500m MerriDash.
- Competitors must be 8 years and older on the day of the race for the Terraforce 250 and must be a competent swimmer.
- It is compulsory to wear the swimming cap that you are issued at registration. Failure to do so will result in disqualification.
- Should swimmers wish to swim in a different age category, you must inform the timers and you will be moved into the open category. Please note you can not win a category prize if you are swimming in the open category.
- No pushing, shoving, pulling or blocking is permitted.
- The KFC Merrifield Mile, MerriDash, Terraforce 250 and KFC Splash will take place irrespective of the weather conditions, but organisers reserve the right to cancel the event at any stage if they consider that it is not in the best interest of the participants to continue.
- Under no circumstances are entry fees refundable.
- No swim aids or wetsuits are allowed apart from the KFC Splash.
- Swimmers must swim within the demarcated area.
- The race referee’s decision is final.
- Cut off time for the KFC Merrifield Mile is 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Cut off time for the 500m MerriDash is 45 minutes.
- The KFC Splash is not timed and is purely a fun event. No prizes will be awarded.
- The KFC Splash event is only open to children 9 years and younger.
- Children swimming the KFC Splash may use floating aids and ONE adult is permitted to accompany each child. Depending on numbers, for safety reasons, children may be set off in groups.
- KFC Splash Participants who are not confident in the water must use a floating device
- The organisers reserve the right to disqualify participants who do not abide by these rules
- IMPORTANT SAFETY NOTE:
The KFC Merrifield Mile, Terraforce 250m and the 500m Dash are separate, timed events.
For safety reasons, swimmers taking part in several events need to register for each event separately. For example, a parent wishing to swim with their child in the Terraforce 250m and then take part in the KFC Merrifield Mile will need to enter and register for each event separately. The same applies to parents wishing to swim with their child in the 500m Dash. If they also swim in the KFC Merrifield Mile then they need to enter twice.
The only exception is the KFC Splash which is not a timed event. Parents who would like to accompany their children in the Terraforce 250m and the 500m MerriDash, need to register and enter as they are timed races. Parents wishing to enter in the KFC Merrifield Mile will need to enter twice.